URGENT HELP!

I sold an item, customer didn't contact me at all, she open a dispute and leave neg, Paypal ask her to return item for refund. Now, the item is 12.9 kilos, I sent it in a big box by Auspost. today I got an email from Paypal that she sent back the item by" express post platinum with signature in delivery" and quote the tracking #. I understand that express post platinum is a satchel and I will get it tomorrow, I don't know what she can put in a satchel but she did it for the sake of the tracking number.

I have the receipt from Aupost

PLEASE HELP what I need to do?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

URGENT HELP!

Wait till it arrives & then phone Paypal if she has sent something weird back instead of the item.That would be fraud anyway & a whole new ballgame.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

URGENT HELP!

Express Post Platinum is not only satchels - there are special consignment labels you get from the post office to place on larger items for them to go Platinum.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

URGENT HELP!

I am wondering how the buyer can claim item not as described, due to there being no actual description in your listing.   I understand the buyers side if the item arrived damaged, but I assume it was sent with insurance going by the cost of postage,  sadly in this instance it appears you will both lose out, paying high postage for a large item both ways.

Had the buyer contacted you first, you could have offered a partial refund to repair the leg, much cheaper for both of you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is only with the heart one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

URGENT HELP!

I suggest you try to do all you can for your 2 low DSRs to be improved and not leave an abusive follow up comment.

TCT
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

URGENT HELP!

My Goodness......  where do I start!

Your listing technique is going to get you into similar situations that  you are in now, if you continue to list this way.

You NEED to add an item description and tell a little *story* about the item for the buyer to be able to get to know the product/item a little better BEFORE they purchase and open disputes.

Also, why are you listing in US dollars?

Also, your postage costs are exorbitant ..... 

You already have 1 neutral and 2 negs against you. You really need to work on improving your sales technique  and customer service.

regarding your problem ^^ up there.....   That sale was doomed from the start! Give the buyer a refund and learn from your mistakes.
sorry.

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

URGENT HELP!

tilly1275
Community Member

Platinum express in their previous form doesn't exist anymore ... they are basically a sticker that goes on express envelope but I thought they could only be used on documents and not parcels.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

URGENT HELP!

Platinum express satchels and labels are still being sold at post offices.

Express and platinum post can be used to send goods in parcels.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

URGENT HELP!

Unlike the old, ordinary express satchels platinum express qualifies for Paypal protection. Once you receive the item back you should OK the refund, Paypal may do it automatically if the buyer contacts them to show that the item has been delivered.

If the buyer is correct and the item is not as described then a decent seller would refund them the return postage too.

Looks like it may be time to ditch this account for selling and start again using decent, honest descriptions and not overcharging for delivery.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

URGENT HELP!

My Goodness......  where do I start!

Your listing technique is going to get you into similar situations that  you are in now, if you continue to list this way.

You NEED to add an item description and tell a little *story* about the item for the buyer to be able to get to know the product/item a little better BEFORE they purchase and open disputes.

Also, why are you listing in US dollars?

Also, your postage costs are exorbitant ..... 

You already have 1 neutral and 2 negs against you. You really need to work on improving your sales technique  and customer service.

regarding your problem ^^ up there.....   That sale was doomed from the start! Give the buyer a refund and learn from your mistakes.
sorry.

Agree with all of the above. Well said.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply