Unable to accept payments - weird glitch?

A buyer has just messaged me to say that she is trying to make a couple of purchases and keeps getting a message to say that the seller (me) is unable to accept her payment.

What does this mean? Is it just another Ebay glitch?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Can't make purchases or can't make payment ?

Either way try adding the buyer to your exemption list.

http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderPermitLogin

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks Kopes - she further elaborated that it kept trying to take her to checkout instead of allowing her to place items in the basket and pay in a single transaction. I think it must be because I have everything set as BIN, so buyers seem to have to make multiple separate purchases.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Sounds like you have Immediate payment set on the BIN's but that means the items should be able to be placed in the cart and paid in one as you have said.

I am guessing there is a problem with the cart because the cart has been problematic since it's introduction.

If adding the buyer to the exemption list doesn't work, all I can suggest is to let the buyer know it is probably a cart glitch and try adding to the cart the next day.

image host
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

She ended up making 2 separate payments which went through in the end.

Looking back on my orders, I do notice that the vast majority of people seem to end up making multiple separate purchases when ordering more than one design from me, although 1 or 2 seem to get everything bundled together into 1 transaction.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Are the ones with separate payments waiting to get a combined invoice from you? If they are not doing so or using the cart (which combines sometimes and not at others) then they will not be able to pay together unless that is how you have your listings set up to automatically give discounts.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply