Unable to print postage label

jvdv
Community Member

The winning bidder paid by EFT and I marked the item as having been paid but when trying to print the postage label the following message appears at the top of the screen: 

"Your buyer has not paid for this item yet
To help make this transaction go smoothly, we recommend that you wait for the buyer to pay before printing the postage label. If you cannot wait, please post your item with the service carrier directly."

Also the "Create Label" icon is grayed out.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have emailed eBay but it looks liike I'll have to visit the PO and post it myself.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor
You can only create a label if the item was paid with paypal. Have you marked the item as paid....that may allow you to create the label.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Did the buyer go through eBay checkout?

According to this thread: http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/postage-labels/m-p/1768322#M101348

this happens when the buyer has made the transfer without going through checkout. (The checkout process confirms the delivery address for eBay, plus the total amount the buyer is going to pay so it's also what incurs the FVF on postage, BTW...)

You can use Click & Send and manually input the delivery address, though it's a bit more expensive for most flat rate services (500g assessed parcels are on par, though). 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Seems you're right as payments, even if made using EFT, buyers have to use the " eBay  check out." even though the seller may note that payment has been made. I can't recall having this issue before with EFT payments but ...

Here's the reply frm eBay:

Thank  you for contacting eBay regarding your issue  about the  payment.

I understand your concern that the buyer has paid for the item but when you have tried to print the  postage label you are getting the  error " Your buyer has not paid for this item yet" and I am glad to assist you with your issue.

Having checked your account details, I wanted to let you know that the payment is made by the buyer which is paid outside of the  eBay  platform that is the reason that you are getting the error. The print postage label option comes when the buyer use the eBay  check out. so in this case I request you to use any of the postage outside of the eBay

I really seek your understanding and co-operation in this matter. I hope this information is useful please let us know if you have any other questions.

For any other information, click on the ‘Help and Contact’ option, available on the top of every eBay page you can also contact us via chat or call,This will allow us to provide you real time assistance to resolve your concern.

The direct link to get in touch with us via email or chat.

http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=342&levelHierarchy=2a2a2

Regards,

Geetesh V.

eBay customer support

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Not sure if you're already aware jvdv - but thought I'd post anyway.

Via Aus Post's MyBusiness website you can now print and pay for labels online. (https://auspost.com.au/mypost-business)

In the case of the ebay postage labels not working, I have done this in the past to bypass further difficulties.

It's convenient, only takes a couple of minutes and you can pay for the postage immediately using a credit card or PayPal :]

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Provided you meet AP's minimum volume requirements, which a lot don't.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

You can actually use the AP MyBusiness website now to print labels even if you don't reach the minimum volume requirements. All you have to do is sign up for the account. The only issue is that postage will be slightly more expensive than the ebay prices (as they are subsidised / discounted). 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Insisting buyer uses checkout is your insurance against disputes arising with regards to sending to the wrong address. It directly imports a buyer supplied address. 

Which raises the question, does delievery estimate start ticking from time item is marked payment recieved, and can label be generated be generated before marked payment recieved? ie will late delivery start ticking before you are alerted to the issue that you cant print label due buyer not completing checkout.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply