Unable to sell item?

I have previously sold things on eBay and am a regular buyer with a 100% positive feedback rating on 144 items trasacted.

Today I tried to list an item and got the following message and don't know why or how to fix it. Please help.- 

Request higher selling limits

We're unable to increase your selling limits right now.
  • However, we'll review your account periodically and may automatically grant a limits increase based on your selling performance.
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Unable to sell item?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Were you trying to list an item with a price that is higher than your selling limit?

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Unable to sell item?

Buyers can *only* get positive feedback from sellers so that is irrelevant

How long is it since you last sold something?

Also, it is Friday which is eBay maintenance day and is alwayd full of glitches and errors, so that *could* be another reason

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Unable to sell item?

I checked my selling limit and found this message -

You can sell up to 0 items or AU $0.00 per month, whichever comes first.

So with a selling limit of $0 it makes it a bit tough.

It has been a long time since I sold anything but have never received any info that this had happened.

I clicked on the "Raise my selling limit" button but it said they can't and will review my account periodically.

HELP???

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Unable to sell item?

In order to sell, you must have a fee payment method set up. Paypal will do, but you have to explicitly set it up. And your Paypal account should be 'Premium'.

Try Accounts>Seller Account or >Personal Information.

Or start a new account. All you need is a different email address.

Your payments will also have a 21 day hold on them until you get a selling track record.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply