Unfair feedback

wadds5
Community Member

I recently had a buyer who did not like the item. I offered a full refund but this was ignored and the buyer posted a negative feedback instead. I again contacted the buyer with the same offer and received a totally irrational reply. An approach to eBay has resulted in symapthy but no action in removing this offending feedback. This negative feedback is on a $7.50 purchase and my previous feedback score was 2,824 at 100%. So I ask the question: having attempted to resolve the dispute as recommended by eBay,  how can a seller be protected from this sort of irrational buyer behaviour?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Unfair feedback

You can't.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Unfair feedback

Everywhere in life there are going to be some unreasonable individuals.

You feedback is still 99.7% on thousands of transactions, I doubt it will effect anyones decision to buy from you. Also it won't take long for it to disappear from the first page and most don't look beyond that.

As well, your reply factually explains all.

In 12 months you will be back to 100%.

image host
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Unfair feedback

Reply, you could try to write or call phone and say, I am sorry you were not happy with the item. There is no need to return it, I will give you a refund anyway, but would you mind revising feedback? Then send feedback revision form

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Unfair feedback

Reply, you could try to write or call phone and say, I am sorry you were not happy with the item. There is no need to return it, I will give you a refund anyway, but would you mind revising feedback? Then send feedback revision form

Why would you waste a revision request and give them a freebie?  OP, you have great FB with 2 obviously deranged buyers leaving ridiculous FB.  Not for one second would I hesitate to buy from you.  These 2 buyers remind me of the 2 who left me bad FB; one said; "did not realise 5cm is as small as this" and the other was "not happy" because I did not accept return for change of mind, without them paying postage both ways, for item sent to WA with postage of $80.  Fortunately, both seemed to think that leaving me 0 DSR rating is the worst they could do ๐Ÿ™‚

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply