Unpaid item, item never sent, now buyer says its broken

Hi

I sold two items to the same buyer. The buyer never paid so I opened a UPI and claimed the FVF. I never sent the items, they are still here with me.

Today I get an email from the buyer informing me that he has received his items and they are both broken, he is threatening to leave bad feedback unless I fix the problem.

I am very confused since I still have the items and he never paid. I am not concerned about bad feedback as since the transaction has been cancelled I dont think he can leave any feedback.
I just dont know what is going on.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

When an Unpaid case is closed against the buyer, they can't leave feedback

Ignore them. They have obvoiusly bought from another buyer with the intention of scamming. This time though, there is nothing they can do

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Did you open an Unpaid Item dispute, close it after 4 days and issue the buyer a strike?

If not, then they can leave feedback.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

The unpaid item case has been finalized. They have a unpaid strike against them. SO I know they can not leave feedback. I just can not work out what they are trying to do.
I think maybe they are expecting me to give them a refund for something they never paid for and never got

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Maybe they have confused you with another seller.   Have you had a look at the items they have been buying....they might have bought similar items elsewhere?

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

No they haven't confused me with soemone else. They mention my items by name and they tell me why my items aren't working properly, by explaining to me that they are not doing what they are meant to do. So the only way they could have me confused would be if they purchased exactly the same items from soneone else

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member
Put them on your BBL and end communcation. Simple.
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Since it is all finalised and they can't touch you with feedback, why not confront them with an email, asking how the items could be broken since they have obviously forgotten they were never sent and you consider it most dishonest of them.

Were your items going to be sent by regular post without tracking? If so, I sense a scam on their part.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

IMO 3 things

But ID on BBL.

Report the buyer to ebay - twice - once via message you have received and once via phone call to ebay.

Forget about it, you have then done your duty to the ebay trading community IMO

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

<in writing that Cats can't see>

Spoiler
I agree with Cats on all three points

</in writing that Cats can't see>

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply