Unpaid items

Hi I've asked this question before but I've recently had two people bid on an item who never paid, although one still has a few days to pay as I've been told in the past that they have a week to pay which is fine by me I understand lifes busy at times but I'm having to pay for these fees anyone got any ideas as to what I can do in the future if this happens again?

Thanks . 

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Unpaid items

oh dear, you really need to know how to deal with non payers

(have you read the eBay SITE MAP for guidance?)

after 4 days you can open an unpaid item dispute

wait 4 more days, close the dispute, put the bidders name on your Block Bidder List.

that gets your fvf back, issues the ''buyer'' a strike and you are then free to relist the item.

NO feedback should be left.

never forget to open/close disputes as the strikes mean buyer cannot buy from other sellers who have their blocks in place

have you set up your blocks to stop bidders with more than one non payer strike from bidding on your items??

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Unpaid items

Hi there thanks for all of that information, I'm just going through that SITE MAP now actually for guidance. Not sure about the block thing though I know how to block ebayers though. I'll see how I go and if they pay by Tuesday. 

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Unpaid items

Hi there thanks for all of that information, I'm just going through that SITE MAP now actually for guidance. Not sure about the block thing though I know how to block ebayers though. I'll see how I go and if they pay by Tuesday. 

OPEN the dispute today,

if they are going to pay by Tuesday, they will,   if they do not you can then close it

if they do pay by Tuesday, you can close the dispute as ''paid'' and they dont get a strike

to set your Buyer Blocks click the Account Tab on your my ebay page

you can then go back each month and below the Requirements see the log of how many previous non payers tried to bid (not just non payers to YOU but non payers to ANYONE on eBay).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Unpaid items

Great thanks again for your help its just so frustrating when they don't pay like I was happy to retract their bid prior to the auction ending if they didn't want it and I said that in my description anyway. Have a good day. 

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Unpaid items

Madison,no offence but this would have to be one of the strangest TOS I've ever seen

Please note payment must be made no later than 3 days after auctions due and payment must be made if you win and bid this item. However I am happy to wait a week if required for payment and am happy to retract your bid prior to the auction ending if required.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Unpaid items

pommymike
Community Member

Hi there....that has been great advice for me too....am about to block a buyer who bought two items and hasn't contacted me almost a month after being the successful bidder.  My question though is why shouldn't we leave feedback on a non-payer?  Cheers

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Unpaid items

Hi there....that has been great advice for me too....am about to block a buyer who bought two items and hasn't contacted me almost a month after being the successful bidder.  My question though is why shouldn't we leave feedback on a non-payer?  Cheers

It's against ebay policy to leave a positive with a negative comment.If the member reports you,you will cop a policy violation.Sellers have NOT been able to leave anything other than positives for 5 YEARS.

If someone doesn't pay,just block them,do the dispute,get them issued with a non payer strike & move on-DON'T leave ANY feedback.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Unpaid items

pommymike
Community Member

Thanks so much for that answer Foxette....I had no idea about the positive feedback requirement...not that I've wanted to leave negative feedback (except for this particular non-payer).  Seems odd to me though that buyers can leave negative feedback but sellers are not able to...still I'm a novice seller....where would i find the detail around this policy?

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Unpaid items

Here's a link to feedback abuse Mike & also the relevant part

The feedback comment, left by a seller for a buyer, contains statements that are of a sufficiently negative quality that it would be misleading or inaccurate for them to be associated with a positive rating

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/feedback-abuse.html

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply