Vehicle ECU purchased and then returned as buyer did not cross check part numbers

Ive sold an item with electrical componentry which the buyer fitted and then wanted to return claiming it did not function correctly for his application. The component codes were clearly displayed. He did not cross check his component. I advised it required a minor wiring change to function. I also advised that I would no longer be able to resell the component with confidence as it may  have been damaged in his application.

I received no response. Basically the seller who has now returned the item, has prevented me from reselling the item with any certainty of correct function. Have I any rights as the seller to refuse a refund?

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Vehicle ECU purchased and then returned as buyer did not cross check part numbers

That's a tricky one, a dispute could go either way if the buyer opens a one with eBay.

The ECU was sold as second hand originally, so it could be argued there was a problem with the unit to start with.

Do you have any way to test the returned unit, if so do that and when/if it comes back OK then you can go from there. Maybe the buyer would be prepared to share the testing charges ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 2
Latest reply