WITHHELD PAYMENTS AND BAD LINKS

Seller fees may be slightly less, but in our case eBay asked us to send some business information and upload a document (even though I have had an ebay store for 14 years and been in business for 40 years) which is generally easy but the link doesn't work and just comes up with "how embarrassing something went wrong ,try again later". It has been saying the same thing for a month so they are withholding a month of sales through no fault of our own, I have spoken to eBay about it a number of times and so far nothing has been fixed. I have tried Mac, PC iPad iPhone and different browsers and also different IPs and nothing is different so it is definitely a problem at eBays end which I am paying for. If you want your income withheld go with "managed payments" but bear in mind they have total control of your money when you sign up. If we are not the only ones I can just imagine the interest they are making!

Has anyone else had this issue??? 

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

I take it you've tried clearing cache and cookies then rebooting your computer ?

As said by Jellybird on your other thread, eBay don't make interest on held funds.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

Yes tried all of the obvious stuff first and did the same on all the devices I used and come up the same. How do they not make interest on funds , you would think they would be held in some sort of financial institution ?

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

It's maybe because the payments are in a type of suspension, but I think there is possible legislation that prohibits companies earning money this way - other will clarify.

So you double check spellings and abbreviations as I mentioned in the other thread?

Can you also clarify if you are a Trust, Partnership or anything other than an individual seller?

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

We are a partnership of nearly 40 years. Ron my partner is computer illiterate so I have started and run the store myself on behalf of our bricks and mortar shop to supplement our income. Ebay wants a letter of permission from Ron for me to run the store on his behalf !  Unfortunately the link is a dud and comes up with Well, this is embarrassing, something went wrong just now, Please try again later.  The people from eBay that I talk to say they have handed it to the Technical team(sic) but not joy and no payment since 18/10

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

I understand you have a partnership, but are you officially REGISTERED as a Partnership with the Tax Authorities et al, as well as with Ebay for the purposes of conducting business?

Before Managed Payments, were you running an individual account, or an official Partnership account?

I have no idea what the solution is, but customer service will be unable to assist you. Their talk of the "technical team" is smoke and mirrors as this has been an issue since the new system rolled out more than a year ago.

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

Check whatever browser you use is up to date

https://www.whatismybrowser.com/

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

Our partnership has been registered with the ATO since 1983 and has had the same business address and ABN since then in Melbourne . Our eBay store is a partnership opened 14 years ago, I think I need to see a solicitor.

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

Or maybe you should engage with eBay. As noted, there are issues with any entity that is not a sole trader.

I doubt a solicitor will be able to solve the problem, and I doubt that engaging one will see your payments flowing freely. It will cost you money, though. At least for the research they do to find the facts that you could have found yourself.

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

@oldskoolmufflers wrote:

, I think I need to see a solicitor.

Seriously,  you will spend any money Ebay owes you just walking in their door, and that will only get you a coffee

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply