Wait 21 days for funds pick up only?!

Hello,

I have sold a bath on ebay and the money is still pending for 21 days on my paypal account. I can I get the money faster if its pick up only and I can't add a tracking number extra?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@ritaray12 wrote:

Hello,

I have sold a bath on ebay and the money is still pending for 21 days on my paypal account. I can I get the money faster if its pick up only and I can't add a tracking number extra?

Hmmm, not sure about that one! You could try phoning PayPal and explain that it was a pick up item, therefore there is no buyer protection anyway. They might release the money earlier. A good reason to always ask for cash on pick up with pick up items.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

In a similar matter, how long should I wait for a payment until cancelling the deal and put the item back on the market? I remember reading from somewhere that it is 21 days.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@hannu2004 wrote:
In a similar matter, how long should I wait for a payment until cancelling the deal and put the item back on the market? I remember reading from somewhere that it is 21 days.

Is it a pick up item or a post item? If it's a post item, wait 4 days from sale, open a non paying dispute, go back 4 days later and close it, then relist. Buyer gets a non payer strike and you get your fees back.

If it's a pick up item, send the buyer a message stating it must be collected by X date. If they ignore you or don't turn up, as above, open and close a non payer dispute. DO NOT send a cancellation request because if they decline it, you lose your fees. Plus, you also risk bad feedback and a defect.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks, the items are posted items and one is 10 days from sale and the other is 15 days from sale. so i will open a non paying dispute. thanks for info.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

How do i open a non paying dispute, the option does not appear on the list of actions...
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

On your seller page, next to the items there will be a dropdown arrow. Click on that and select resolve a problem. On the next screen select that you sold an item and you haven't been paid. 

4 days later (to the time), go back and close it if the buyer hasn't paid. If they do pay in that time, the case wil automatically close. To close it, go to the same dropdown and select close case. On the next screen, click the dropdown on the right and select the appropriate option (can't remember exactly what it says, but you will know it when you see it). If it's not exactly 4 days, there will be a time up the top of the screen which is the earliest you can close it. 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply