What have I missed?

I have just started using Variation Listings (at last they have them in my category!) as well as Good till Cancelled on my main ID.  I have my preferences set to display More than 10 under quantity rather than the exact quantity, but it is still showing quantity.  As these are hand made items I used a quantity of 50 for each variation, to make it more managable, but this means it is showing quantities in the 100s and even 1000s in some cases because of all the different variation combinations. What have I missed?  Is there something else I need to set to make the More than 10 thing work?  Does it not work if you use the Out of Stock option?

Cheers,

Penny
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

What have I missed?

I have never found the option to make it display "more than 10 available" either.

I have seen it on other seller's listings tho.

So watching this post with interest.

Have a look at one of our multi-variation listings: 131091332067

Before you have selected a valid Colour and Size from the drop-downs it displays 2,588 available. That is just the total of all combinations of size and colour available

But once you choose a valid Colour and Size it displays the quantity available for that specific variation which is about the 50 mark on this item.

On most of our items we make them up to order so the qty available is quite large really.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

What have I missed?

Yes, the large numbers worry me a bit, does it scare people off seeing such a large quantity available?

EDIT>  Now see, I see more than 10 available on that listing, maybe you just don't see it yourself?

Cheers,

Penny
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

What have I missed?

That must be it, I just looked at one of my items from this ID and it shows More than 10.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

What have I missed?

Aha! You are 100% correct. That's the secret.

I just looked at that same listing from my other ID and I see more than 10 available.

But when I look at my own listing I see the actual qty.

So buyers will see more than 10. Cool!

Problem solved. Thanks Penny.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

What have I missed?

Thank you Clarry.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply