What should I do?

I sold a pair of jeans. Included photos etc including the main size tag which stated W34/L34. I included waist, hip, inseam and outer leg measurements.

Buyer has opened a dispute stating "not as described" as the washing instructions inner tag with the fabric content etc states US 34/32. I did not photograph this as I didn't even notice it but did provide the measurements.

Is the buyer correct in stating the item is not as described, given I included measurements.  Am I obliged to accept the return and refund in full plus postage both ways.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

What should I do?

I know it sucks, but I always accept responsibility if there is conflicting information in my listings.

As an example, I listed an item that for some reason I put "25mm" in the title. The full description had the correct measurements listed in the item specifics, large heading, and description text, but even though you could technically say buyers should read everything, ask to clarify etc, it doesn't change the fact that I made an error and the buyer made a decision based on incorrect info, so that's how I approach it. 

The only reason I wouldn't accept not as described, would be if the tag was incorrect and they are indeed 34 / 34. 

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply