What to do about a malicious buyer who never pays

This is my first post here.  I sell books and there is a buyer who wins my lots and then doesn't pay or communicate.  I've blocked her a couple of times, but she just creates a new account.  Is there some way to block a person or a location, eg a postcode, rather than an account name?  Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I think if a person uses a different account in order to get around a block, that is an offence in ebay's eyes. So I'd contact them via chat, but have the evidence all laid out.

I think you can block locations as in countries and perhaps in states (I don't know as I haven't sold in a while) but I haven't heard of being able to block just a postcode, but others here will know about that one.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I don't think you can do anything if they create multiple accounts, but eBay can identify them if you contact them via live chat and they can ban them from eBay for good. When somebody is banned, they cannot create a new account and eBay apparently usually "notices" if they try to create one.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Make a list of the accounts - contact eBay.

Show them the ' story ' - if they find the accounts are coming from the same IP address - they can be blocked & banned.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply