When do the FVFs on postage actually get calculated? At time of listing, invoice or payment?

As a seller who has not sold anything since the changes came into effect, can anyone tell me definitively how it now works, particularly regarding combined postage? Do the fees get calculated based purely on quoted postage at the time of listing? If so and I am asked to combine postage, does this change the FVF that I pay or should my policy be that combined post is no longer an option? If that is the case and postage costs are up from the over the counter charges, can anyone clarify the effect of postage charges on DSRs - I thought I'd read somewhere that postal charges would no longer count towards DSRs, so if I have to add a few % to cover the additional ebay fees, or play hardball on the combined postage issue, will this effect ratings?
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

When do the FVFs on postage actually get calculated? At time of listing, invoice or payment?

In my experience, the fvf on postage is charged separately to the fvf on sale price, and is charged at one of two points in the transactions.  Either when the system shows that the buyer has paid using Payal or if the buyer is using another method of payment, when the invoice is marked as "paid" by the buyer or "payment received" by the seller.  You can safely send a combined invoice in the knowledge that you will be charged fvf on the postage amount in the combined invoice, not on that quoted in the individual listings. 

Of course, if your buyer pays for each item individually, then he fvf is charged individually, it does happen, but I haven't experienced it (yet).

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

What if it has a postage cost in the listing but the buyer opts to pick up and pay cash? In this case there would be no invoice issued in a lot of cases, it never gets marked as paid. Any idea what happens then?
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

If a buyer opts to pick up, then you send an invoice and remove the postage amount. Then you don't pay fees on the postage. If you then don't mark that item as being paid, you wear the cost of the fees on the listing and the postage listed on your listing.

I have delivered a few items to a local buyer and as soon as I got home I marked the item as both paid and posted. One item had postage attached, so before I delivered, I sent an invoice removing the postage.

The fees are calculated on what is in the invoice, so if you don't remove the postage for a pick up, that's a bit silly. If you don't mark the item as being posted, then you could potentially get a defect because you specify in your listing when you will post (same day, 1 day, 2 days etc). If it's not 'posted' in that time frame, eBay frowns upon it.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

FVF on postage is charged when the buyer completes checkout regardless of whether or not they have made payment.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Does anyone know what happens if a buyer completes checkout on an item (opting to pay by a manual method like bank deposit), but then purchases someting else and the seller issues a new invoice for combined postage?

(Just curious to know ๐Ÿ™‚ ).

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

But the majority of pickup buyers don't ever go to checkout. A lot simply send a message asking for contact details to pick up.

What does this mean? No fvf on postage?
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply