Why am I being told that I don't add tracking info to some of my posted items?

Why am I being told that I don't add tracking info to some of my posted items? Everything I post have had a tracking number added?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

bmanly3
Community Member

It's probably the same message that has been sent to everybody. I got one of these and my tracking is 100%.

From 7 February 2022, if you donโ€™t upload valid tracking for at least 95% of your trackable orders, your payments may be placed on hold.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Probably just a general warning, but it's really for those people who charge for a trackable method, but then don't upload the tracking, or send it by a cheaper, untracked method. There was a thread in these forums a while ago where someone simply refused to upload tracking as it "wasted their time", even though they had the tracking numbers.

As long as sellers send by the method they set up in their listing, it's not a problem. So, if someone only sends small untracked item and their postage method is by standard untracked letter, then thats fine.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

If you use a scanner to scan the barcode it could be an issue with the scanner.  I use a zebra scanner and on the express envelopes it appends characters to the beginning and end of the barcode resulting in an invalid number unless I manually edit it.  If you do it manually it could be a typo.  If you have a system connected via API it could be a data transmission issue.  Or you forgot?

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply