Why am I only able to list an item as a classified?

I am trying to post a cabin in Home and Garden->Real Estate and the only format it gives me is a classified ($50!!). I don't want to use this selling format.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The classified format is category-specific, I believe, meaning that it's the only option available for real estate (which is typically land, houses etc).

If the cabin would come under any other category, such as Industrial > Modular & Pre-Fab Buildings, you would pay a much lower insertion fee, but the final value fee will be 9.9% of the final sale price. 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks. Perfect..

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

The classified format is category-specific, I believe, meaning that it's the only option available for real estate (which is typically land, houses etc).

If the cabin would come under any other category, such as Industrial > Modular & Pre-Fab Buildings, you would pay a much lower insertion fee, but the final value fee will be 9.9% of the final sale price. 

@slipperyhamlyn wrote:

Thanks. Perfect..

Just keep in mind that if the cabin sells for $1000,(then the FVF's will be $99).

If it went for $5000,(the fees would be $495).

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

If you list a a classified you are free to negotiate with the buyer re payment methods but if you do an ordinary listing you will pay the Final Value Fee as Tazz mentioned and you will have to accept paypal if the buyer wants to use it (even if you ask for cash payment)...along with the fees payable and no buyer/seller protection as it would be classed as a pickup item.

The buyer would also be able to initiate a chargeback if they fund their payment with a credit or Visa debit card.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply