Why can sellers not leave negative feedback?

88gustaf
Community Member

Apologies if this is an issue that is brought up often, but I was wondering, why sellers cannot leave negative feedback for buyers?

I recently had the displeasure of dealing with a buyer that did not pay for the item he had won in an auction. He also did not reply to the several messages I sent him until I opened an unpaid item case five days later. He then proceeded to slander me, making wild accusations like me being 'rude in my requests for payment' and him 'not willing to pick up the item after my payment requests' insinuating that he felt threatened. The ironic thing is that every single one of his messages to me were incredibly rude while I was being aas proffesional as humanly possible. He was telling me things like "get it through your thick head I am not paying you anything" to mention only a single line out of the five or six emails he had sent me.

Honestly, this is the most ridiculous case I have dealt with on eBay to date, and I am just wondering why this buyer, who clearly had no intention of paying for the item, can get out of this transaction with not even as much as a negative feedback? Is there really no consequence for buyer misbehaviour? 

Cheers,

Gus.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

you could sue the buyer. A neg against a buyer wouldn't really do much anyway, unless it was 3 negs and your gone.....

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

From what I understand you do a npb, wait 4 days, then close the case, buyer gets a strike, you can put in blocks to stop buyers with strikes, but alas I'm still learning this stuff, maybe another member that uses a computer can be of better assistance.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

I can appreciate that negative feedback probably does not mean much to a buyer, but surely if the person in question is a repeat offender that negative feedback could build up to a point where sellers no longer want to sell to that person.

I received my final value credit and there really is not much else I can do. I was just curious why there is seemingly no real consequence for buyer misbehavior.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Thats exactly the process I just went through, and I did receive my final value credit, so there really is nothing more I can do. It just seems as if there is no consequence for buyer misbehavior further than a 'strike' on your account that no one can even see.
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Sounds like a very nasty buyer &I hope you blocked him.I don't suppose 88 hints about gustaf in bold for an example of who some of us might want to avoid?

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

IMO the subtly accused has actually just left honest feedback if you check out the sellers in question.

I think the feedback left is in line with those sellers performance generally TBH

I dunno, IMO the boards are starting to revert back to a kangaroo court with double speak, rather than discussion or advice boards Cat Sad 

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I HAVE HAD THAT NUMEROUS TIMES GUS , BULL**bleep** ISNT IT...............OH AND IT HAPPENS BECAUSE EBAY THINKS SELLERS ARE NOTHING BUT CARP IN EBAY EYES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I agree it is absolutley something that needs addressing. Steer Clear of char-abra, this person is a non payer and goes as far to blame their children for the purchase. Disgusting
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply