Why do eBay Payments Take 2 days to process?

I used to get my eBay Payments the day after a sale. Now it takes an extra day and is screwing with me and bills and other payments are getting late because of it. Why did it change? Why is it taking as long as it does? Will we ever see a day again where payments are instant and is there a way we fight to get it back like that?

The holds? Those are another issue entirely but they could at least be much more timely with the payments they don't hold.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

payments on hold...really not fair...the commision doesn't go on hold...some of my items I sell do have to have tracking some don't...

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

@ozmediafinder wrote:

I used to get my eBay Payments the day after a sale. Now it takes an extra day and is screwing with me and bills and other payments are getting late because of it. Why did it change? Why is it taking as long as it does? Will we ever see a day again where payments are instant and is there a way we fight to get it back like that?

The holds? Those are another issue entirely but they could at least be much more timely with the payments they don't hold.

Could it be bc of your bank's processing time?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I get my payments every Tuesday. Scheduled for Wednesday, in my account by 5 on Tuesday. Sometimes 1.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I think OP is referring to the FUNDS PROCESSING time rather than payout and clearance into the bank.

I have no idea why it takes a few days for the funds to move from PROCESSING to AVAILABLE, my assumption is just the time taken to collect payment from institution A, go through automated clearance processes and then being processed by Ebay.

Like you, I have weekly payments.  I think if OP is missing bill payments because of a day or two time to process payments there is a larger issue at hand.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

From joining eBay managed payments, that's it.

For Processing: Your item has sold! Funds from this sale will be on hold until eBay can confirm delivery. Send it soon and add tracking details so we can confirm the item is delivered. Your funds will typically be released the day after confirming delivery.

For On hold: We know it's important that you receive your money as quickly as possible. However, a hold may sometimes need to be placed on your funds due to your selling history or performance, or to address disputes. This helps us keep eBay a safe marketplace for buyers and sellers.

In most cases, holds are lifted when a buyer confirms they've received their item or when a case is resolved.

We have no choice but to accept it.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Sorry but I would be a bit concerned if 24 hours made a Big difference to my paying bills.  Maybe look at your payment arrangements with MP.  Dont like your chances of changing it back.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply