Why doesnt ebay give sellers 100 free listings anymore? I havent seen this offer for a long time.

Message 1 of 47
Latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Why doesnt ebay give sellers 100 free listings anymore? I havent seen this offer for a long time.

Me too. It does not show up anymore. Had a few items that exceeded free listing limit in May and had to wait till June to relist them.
Message 2 of 47
Latest reply

because ebay dont care about little sellers like us.

they want stores & oversea sellers.

i just list my 40 free listings per month and if extra listings are offered good & well if not then i wait till the next month. as i wont pay listing fees ontop of fvf & postage fees.  

Message 3 of 47
Latest reply

If you are listing items as BINs you may save money by opening a Basic Store. You get up to 200 free BIN listings a month, the option of 30 day or Good til Cancelled and lower FVFs. More listings equals more sales and with the lower FVF it doesn't take long to recover the $20 monthly store fee.

Check your average monthly sales figures with the eBay calculator.

http://www.fees.ebay.com.au/feeweb/feeillustrator

Message 4 of 47
Latest reply

Like to OP I want FREE listings without paying extra money to ebay.

Got rid of my "store" years ago when they kept increasing the monthy fees and fvf - its cheaper to run free listings when they let go of the scrooge mentality.

They must have forgotten it is a long weekend nearly everywhere (and a wet one in Sydney) - could have gotten lots of listings done if I had 100 free to use.

Message 5 of 47
Latest reply

@lizzyamelia wrote:

what is it with people who 'want want want' and are not prepared to pay?

If you get 40 free listings in a month, with free relist feature that does not count towards the 40 count, and you want to list more then why shouldn't you pay for them?  If you are listing that many listings then you are certainly not a casual seller and are essentially running a business on eBay. As such, you should be prepared to pay listing fees on any listings over and above the 40 count.

Message 6 of 47
Latest reply

@lizzyamelia wrote:

Got rid of my "store" years ago when they kept increasing the monthy fees and fvf - its cheaper to run free listings when they let go of the scrooge mentality.

They must have forgotten it is a long weekend nearly everywhere (and a wet one in Sydney) - could have gotten lots of listings done if I had 100 free to use.

You should keep up with the times. Store costs went down last year and free listings were introduced for stores. And increased last month.

I have, for my billing month, so far utilised 716 free listings. As store holders have had 2 lots in the last few weeks, the last of which ran from last Monday until this evening.

I still pay for listings as I have over 1,000 listed, but I certainly don't mind listing them for $40 per month (including Basic store) instead of $70.

And if you're not selling media, the automatic freebies are worth twice the store fee. So a Basic store costs you $20pm, but you get 200 freebies which is $40 value. Or 10c per listing (for 30 days) instead of 20c. Or $1.50 if you use more than the 40 as a non-store owner.

It's funny. 14 months ago eBay gave virtually no free listings, other than for 99c auctions. Now everybody seems to feel entitled to get as many freebies as they want.

I'm sure there is a doctoral thesis, or many, in that.

Message 7 of 47
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

It's funny. 14 months ago eBay gave virtually no free listings, other than for 99c auctions. Now everybody seems to feel entitled to get as many freebies as they want.

I'll second that sentiment.

Message 8 of 47
Latest reply

I guess these days people expect everything for nothing. I got 100 freebies at Easter, which I gratefully used, but none since. I just try and spread my 40 over the month so they're not used up in the first 3 days. As long as I've got some active listings I'm happy. 

Message 9 of 47
Latest reply

I would need to have over $100 in sales per month to even break even if I had a store which is why I want my free listings.

I am not a business only a person trying to downsize my personal unused items.

Ebay is the only auction site in Australia that charges listing fees and a lots don't even charge fvf fees either.

When ebay started in Australia it was free to list with very low fvf.

Things have changed here over last 5 years and not for the better.

Its all about greed so why as sellers should we not want more - ebay charge us fees on everything after a sale so essentially we are already paying to list the item in one way or another.  They doubled the fvf last year or has eveyone forgotten that already.

Message 10 of 47
Latest reply