Why has ebay changed they way a seller sees who has made purchases?

Wondering why the main page has changed!! I now have to open every sold item to find the correct buyer to let them know that their items have been posted. Better when the buyer ID was shown!!!

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Many thanks. I also like to send buyer a message as well as mark item as sold. Easier when I can see buyer straight up!! Thanks again!!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You should be able to customise what information is shown on your selling page - when it was updated recently, I was no longer able to see buyer IDs at all, but I could edit the view to bring it back. (If using the All selling page, in the sold list at the top-right hand side, will be an edit link, click that and then click customise).

eBay actually sends an automated email to update buyers once an item has been marked as posted, but I usually send my buyers a message once I receive payment, and just use the dropdown menu for more actions next to the purchase to click "Contact buyer", which should still be available even if the ID isn't visible.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Many thanks. I also like to send buyer a message as well as mark item as sold. Easier when I can see buyer straight up!! Thanks again!!

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

My drop down boxes are not working.  Is this related? I tried to edit the sellers page to once again show the buyers ID but cannot!

I cannot change my search results order either as the drop down box is not working. 

What changes are taking place that are making all these functions stop working and add valuable time to running my ebay business!?

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Sometimes it's just a matter of clearing cookies and cache then restarting your browser, and could also be a compatibility issue (eBay and Internet Explorer aren't the best of friends, so I only use Chrome and Firefox). 

Those kinds of functions (dropdown menus etc) also often use a script that doesn't download correctly, and refreshing the page etc won't help because the downloaded script is still in your cache, so you can also try pressing Ctrl + F5 together to refresh the page and force it to re-download the page content.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I also like to send buyer a message as well as mark item as sold. Easier when I can see buyer straight up!! Thanks again!!

You would never get a repeat buy from me if you did that, no way do I want my inbox filled up with emails from one sale. Ebay send an item purchased email, they send one when the item is marked as posted and for some reason sellers feel the need to send an invoice which is only needed if combined postage is an issue.

I have turned off every email notification that can be turned off, I want an item, not a pen friend!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I installed IE10 and had a lot of problems with ebay links and boxes. re-installed IE9 and everythings works again.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply