Why is Jersey on the eBay exclusion list?

Hi, I have returned to the world of eBay selling after a long while. I have just sold an item where I indicated worldwide shipping with no exclusions. The subsequent listing shows a list of countries excluded from shipping and I assume this is auto generated by eBay. Why is Jersey and Guernsey (Channel Islands) on this exclusion list? The reason I ask is that the successful bidder resides in Jersey and is blocked from paying for the item because Jersey is on the exclusion list generated by eBay. Given the Covid situation etc I can see and understand why most of the countries on the list are excluded. Jersey and Guernsey are islands off the coast of France and are part of Great Britain although not technically part of the UK and thus enjoy a UK VAT free status. Shipping to Jersey should not be a problem. On that basis is it possible for eBay to remove Jersey and Guernsey from the exclusion list? I must confess that I have been going round in circles with the eBay help pages. Any help and advice would be most appreciated. Thanks and best wishes.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

that's weird, because they're part of the GSP.....can't help, sorry. Someone with knowledge might be around shortly.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

It is up to you to remove Jersey & Guernsey from your list of excluded countries.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Yes, I know. Thank you for that. The thing is, I did not exclude Jersey. EBay excluded Jersey in an automated list of shipping exclusions.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Add the buyer to your excluded buyer list. Not sure where you find it, but what it means is, if a buyer is in an excluded location, you can add them to the list and they'll be able to buy.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply