Why is auspost on Ebay so slow?

made a few orders with Auspost on Ebay and  was, to say the least, disappointed. Every order went over the date it should of taking 7-14 days each order.  just order some more but went directly to the Auspost store and blow me down 2 days later they arrived which is more what  would expect.  I just wonder why t takes so long to order through Ebay  It has been making me panic about Auspost delivering my stuff because if my items took as long as theirs did  would have late postage defects left right and center 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I suspect it has something to do with data communication (or lack thereof). You'll notice a lot of the big online stores, that also operate independent websites, will often have consistent problems on eBay but far fewer issues and complaints with their own websites, and (just at a guess) I would say it's because their sites - generally long established before they appeared on eBay - has specific ways they communicate orders, update stock levels etc etc etc, and eBay doesn't intergrate with that so orders here probably take on a more convoluted or manual process. 

The thing I really don't understand about the AP store is why, when I purchase multiple items in one go, they send them all separately as eParcels.... Smiley Frustrated

They complain so much about delivering OS mail for minimal return, and yet they exhibit this massive waste of resources on a daily basis. Smiley Surprised

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

Yeah as DG said, data communication issues.

I remember reading a post on one of the boards here ages ago from a similar store holder with a large retail shops... apparently the software Ebay uses with them to match up their online purchases / shipping etc. with their existing software from their own businesses is, basically, **bleep**, and costs them a lot of negative comments.  They had signed one of the large retailers agreements with EBay that they have re:exposure, sales etc.. and were wanting to get out of it because EBays customer service in relation to the software sucked.

In that post, they werent receving orders from Ebay until a week after they were purchased, also, payments not showing up for days etc.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Thank you both that makes sense. I thought something was wrong because  have found Auspost pretty reliable (yes I wish costs where a little less) and the fact they took so long to get items to me, which  order through Ebay seemed wrong.  I suppose that Ebays  software sucks is not bad news for me now if  can and a way to compete with the Chinese wholesalers I will be laughing 🙂

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply