Why is it only some of my buyers messages come through with the option to "reply with offer" ?

I get many buyers messaging and asking for better offers or bulk discounts which Im usually happy to consider however only some of the messages come through with the tab "reply with offer". How do I send a prospective buyer an offer without this tab and how can this be fixed so all messages have this option. Is it just my eBay or are others having similar issues? TIA

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Why is it only some of my buyers messages come through with the option to "reply with offer" ?

The reply with offer function can be handy, but it's very limited unfortunately.

It's only available in single item listings, so won't work (or appear) when a buyer messages about a listing that has variations, and you can only use it once as well (I had a buyer that I sent an offer to with it, and a little while later they replied to the original message asking if they could get the same deal again, I didn't have the reply with offer button so I asked them to send me a completely new message via the listing....still didn't get it. So then I went back to the original message which did still have the button, but when I tried to send through the offer, I got an error message saying the buyer had exceeded their limit of offers).

So now I usually just stick to creating custom listings, just for consistency really (i.e. saves having to explain I can only send one offer, ever, then clarifying that I can still provide the price, just not via that function). 

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply