Will Large Letter Items be delivered to a Parcel Locker?

We have a buyer who has just ordered an item that will travel by large letter in a DL-sized envelope.

Will these letters be delivered to one of these parcel lockers as this is the paypal address given by the buyer?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

from AP:

http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/mypost-deliveries-terms-of-use.html

3.3 When we may refuse delivery - Parcel Lockers. We reserve the right to refuse delivery of an article to a Parcel Locker, including, but not limited to, where the article:

(a) is a letter that can be delivered via ordinary post;

(b) is unsuitable for delivery through the Parcel Locker Service because it:

(i) is too large for the largest Parcel Locker;

(ii) is too heavy;

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

from AP:

http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/mypost-deliveries-terms-of-use.html

3.3 When we may refuse delivery - Parcel Lockers. We reserve the right to refuse delivery of an article to a Parcel Locker, including, but not limited to, where the article:

(a) is a letter that can be delivered via ordinary post;

(b) is unsuitable for delivery through the Parcel Locker Service because it:

(i) is too large for the largest Parcel Locker;

(ii) is too heavy;

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

OK looks like it will be returned to us.

Best ask the buyer for a street address.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

The buyer has to supply a street address (either that, or an alternate delivery address - not 100% sure) when they sign up for a locker, anything that is addressed to a locker (and carried by AP, so this doesn't apply to couriers etc) but not delivered to one should be redirected to the other address.

I've sent maybe a dozen large letters using the PL address supplied by the buyer, and so far they have all either been delivered to it, or redirected. (I haven't had any returned, or INRs, from any of those sent to PLs, at any rate - touch wood, I got a PL address for a package today Smiley LOL ). 

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Yes, touch wood here also.  I have sent several to PL's without any incidents so far Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
i too have sent a large letter to a parcel locker.. maybe a few times
never had one returned and never had a problem with INR
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Hmmm! OK so given the experience of others on here it may be an acceptable risk to send to the PL address.

I've heard nothing back from the buyer as yet of course.

I'll wait until the last possible minute to catch the mail run (red box) today and if there is no reply then I will send to the PL address.

Better make sure I put a return address label on this one just in case.

We don't normally do that just as a cost saving measure on printed labels.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Might be safer going to the parcel locker. I walked past a neighbours mailbox today, that had a delivered large letter hanging out of the slot about -  2/3'rds of it was hanging out... I pushed it in properly.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

If anyone is interested, I asked a buyer about it today.  Here's the relevants bits from her two replies:

The locker is fine for smaller deliveries. Australia Post contact me if they have an issue and I pick it up direct from them.

and:

Oh that's too funny, I buy way too much on eBay so I know all about the parcel lockers.

What she says is funny is that people say you can't get letters delivered to a parcel locker.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

UPDATE - As of 2023, anything not a Parcel is likely to be 'Return to Sender'. Has happened twice to us in the past month ....

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply