Won't Post

Paid for auction item on 22 April..seller hasn't posted as of to-day. No communication. Don't want to ask for a refund yet as I would prefer the items, which are rare....There are about eight instances of this very thing on his/her feedback yet is at 98%. Given there is a pattern, can ebay investigate this person over and above an individual buyer/seller dispute? 

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Won't Post

what is the item number or full title?
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Won't Post

item 223483929740 (apologies for posting on the Seller thread)

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Won't Post

How can you be certain they have not posted?

Whilst this person certainly seems to have a habit of not sending things, the item would not have arrived from The UK yet (and especially with all the public holidays for Easter and ANZAC day here)

However, if their usual trend continues, I would personally be opening an item not received dispute instead of asking for a reund

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Won't Post

Some sellers don't mark as posted even though they may have sent the item.

From UK including all the holidays we had, I wouldn't expect to see anything before 3-4 weeks.

Then best if not arrived open an INR case in eBay.

As for eBay investigating, a greater number of cases or defects will see the seller's account limited.

image host
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Won't Post

I can't be certain, but with no marked-as-sent or response to messages, combined with the aforementioned pattern, I would bet on it. 

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Won't Post

@au_schol wrote:

Paid for auction item on 22 April..seller hasn't posted as of to-day. No communication. Don't want to ask for a refund yet as I would prefer the items, which are rare....There are about eight instances of this very thing on his/her feedback yet is at 98%. Given there is a pattern, can ebay investigate this person over and above an individual buyer/seller dispute? 

As stated above, some sellers don't mark as posted.   And his delivery time says:   Estimated delivery within 11-26 business days 

So you don't have a case until about 22 May.

And I don't think ebay would be proactive at this stage.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Won't Post

Assuming everything is above board, its bad form though, when the seller wonโ€™t correspond with the buyer and at least advise the status of the purchase. Rude in my books, although there could be a valid reason behind it.

Melina

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Won't Post

absolutely, I agree that it feels rude and I am not siding with the seller in any way BUT the time to notice things like bad feedback, bad selling history, and 26 days delivery time is BEFORE bidding.       

Having purchased the item, the OP just has to wait it out.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Won't Post

Hopefully the information given by people in this thread are true and you do receive your item.

Personally I have just about given up on auction bidding on ebay. Too many sellers have failed to follow through after the auction. From memory five out of eight in the last year or so.This have been when I was the sole bidder. Presumably the seller was unhappy with the result but state other reasons or no reason at all.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply