Would an Ebay APP that provided demo videos for products & product support be of value to sellers?

I'm a developer looking at the possibility of integrating our APP into the Ebay platform. 

Would you as an Ebay seller find this of value? Particularly as it is free for both you & your customers.

• Automatically embeds quality demo videos for your products on your listings.
    (Studies show that video can increase conversion rates by 85%)

• Gives your customers access to a product support site which will provide video guides for the product you are selling.
    (They are less likely to ask for help or return the product)

Would love any feedback or insights! <removed>

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Would an Ebay APP that provided demo videos for products & product support be of value to sellers?

Personally I would not use it at all

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

The problem you may have is eBay doesn't allow active content in listings any longer.

And links to outside of eBay are also restricted.

But your idea may work on a completely different principle, therefore ignore the above.

image host
Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

Thanks Enigmabear! Can I ask why? I need to understand a seller's perspective.

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

Thanks very much for your input. That is why it would need to an integrated APP...so it doesn't take the customer away from the product itself but brings the video & support directly to the Ebay customer.
It could also be used to minimize low customer rankings. Encouraging the customer to get the help they need instead of giving negative feedback..

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

I use very,very few apps at all in general

And I don't use a smart phone/tablet etc for ebay

Too much age and not enough tech 'savy' 

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

I don't have a use for videos in listings myself, but I know there were a few sellers who had them and were looking for alternatives when eBay decided to no longer allow active content. 

I'm assuming since you're developing this for eBay integration, you're aware of all the things that entails, but just in case: https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/activecontent

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

Thanks for that information digital*ghost. It was extremely useful! Ebay is actually much less restrictive than I anticipated.

Your assistance is very much appreciated.

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

Does anyone know if many sellers use the available APPs provided through Ebay?

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

I can't say for sure, but I think for the most part sellers tend to use third party solutions like Ink Frog and Auctiva, as they provide a range of options and tools, rather than one specific tool, but I can really only base that on the troubleshooting threads that pop up here from time to time, or recommendations that are asked for / made.
Message 10 of 24
Latest reply