Zero feedback buyer bought my mobile phone advice please

I recently sold an iPhone to a zero feedback buyer, who is registered in the UK from 2011, with a Russian paypal email address. So the buyer pays with no issue. Delivery in Queensland. To be fully covered by seller protection I must post to the exact address listed in the paypal account but they have listed a main city when they are actually in a surrounding suburb and click and send won't accept that address without correcting it. I'm not sure what to do, do I refund buyer and ask them to correct address then repay? Also when I checked the address it is residential accommodation where a lot of people live. Given the item is of a higher value is it worth paying the extra $5.95 for person to person delivery?
Thanks for your replies.
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I would not worry - happens all the time for addresses - like SPRINGHILL BRISBANE - just take out the main city and leave the suburb

I have found it is fatal to refund and ask for them to amend the address, all I achieved was a defect on my seller dashboard.

And yes, if it is a high value item, always pay the extra yourself for signature on delivery.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

0 feedback,registered since 2011 in the UK with a Russian Paypal account and this is their first purchase all

scream hijacked account to me.

Payment made by Paypal could be from a hijacked PP account.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

This was my concern too, but address is University residential address, so it could be an international student? But I don't know, which is why I am asking the forums. Ebay details match paypal details. How would one know if it's hijacked paypal account? What is the seller protection in this instance?
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I hope you are sending it regular parcel with signature on delivery, insurance if it is over $100 and a road only sticker on the package as you canot legally send mobile phones in prepaid satchels, they have to go by road as does anything containing a lithium battery.

When I had a click and send address with the capital where the suburb should be I just added a line so the address read 

Street address

suburb

capital city

SUBURB

Postcode

State

That way all the info the buyer has given is there.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

i would not buy any electronic device online unless it was pickup and I could do so.

No reflection on you, but phones are the top scam prone item you can sell online. As a buyer or a seller.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply