another "Request" - Pure BS

A request was opened earlier today by a buyer, says she never received the item that she ordered about a week ago.

Well, ok, I just need to ask one thing, WHERE IS THE PAYMENT?

That's right, she never paid, and ebay still allowed her to open a request to demand for the item.

Do I have tracking detail? No, of course I don't, I never sent it because no payment was received.

She marked this order as "payment sent", but I have triple checked my bank transactions, no such payment received.

She may has made a mistake while transfering the money, it's understandable, I don't blame her, everyone makes mistake.

What I am mad about is ebay's immature system; does their mangement actually have something called "common sense"?

I think it's time for them step out their ivoy tower and see what the real world is like.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Did you check your paypal account?

siggie-reported-by-alarmists..............
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Huh?

Items paid for by bank deposit are not covered by the Money Back Guarantee. Is there an option to respond with Not Paid?

What's covered

Most transactions on eBay.com.au are covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

Covered 

Purchases are covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee when all of the following are true:

• An item isn't received or it isn't as described in the listing.

• A buyer reports that they didn't receive an item or requests a return within the eBay Money Back Guarantee timelines.

• The buyer made the purchase on eBay.com.au via checkout or an eBay invoice with one of the following payment methods:

• PayPal

• Credit card or debit card

• Paymate.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

No I didn't, she said payment was made by bank transfer.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

You can probably unmark as paid and open an unpaid item case.

But seriously, I would be asking the buyer for the bank transaction number.

Then they will probably realize their error.

image host
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

aps1080
Community Member

In the same boat at the moment, buyer says he has paid - by credit card - no money come through. At someone's suggestion here I opened an unpaid item dispute.

I also has 2 unpaid item things opened on two purchases I made - they were opened automatically, not seller opened. We had communicated and he knew I was coming over to pick up items !!!

I agree, ebays system sucks.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Tell her it hasnt been received and ask her for a copy of the bank transfer receipt, or screen shot if it was done online, with transaction numbers showing so you can check with the bank.

If she refuses, let her know, nicely, you cant send the item until the money is received and shes not covered by ebay if she cant provide proof it was paid for, and Ebay may mark her account as fraudulent if she tries to open a claim in error.

I cant imagine she's done this on purpose, its a really dumb way to try and defraud someone. She probably thought she did it and forgot.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

x3n0m
Community Member

The logic here would seem that ebay should be the recipient of the payment if they want to play at being intermediary and then hold that money for 6 months to make sure that the batteries don't run flat on the buyers second hand appliance or their toddler doesn't break it while the parents arn't looking then all going well they pass the money to the seller .. all going badly they charge the seller for more postage + 10% and then pocket the 20% restocking fee and return the item to the seller and give a defect .. its the only way to be sure ..

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

I also has 2 unpaid item things opened on two purchases I made - they were opened automatically, not seller opened. We had communicated and he knew I was coming over to pick up items !!!

Seller is a numpty then, all they had to do was add your transactions to the exclude from auto UID and all would have been well.

Not ebay's fault if members don't know what they are doing.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

You might have to phone eBay on this one - if I trusted eBay's system to work as it should, then escalating the request to a case should see it closing in your favour due to A) buyer's payment method not covered, and B) no payment recorded, but I don't trust them as far as a turtle could throw them, so I think this will probably have to be sorted with a person (one that understands the problem and applicable policies / procedures). 

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply