anybody else had a problem with paypal being very slow on verifying business account

this is so frustrating to have money in your paypal a/c and cant use it. i keep being told it will be fixed in 24 - 72 hours after its been well over 2 weeks. i call everyday but nothing is happening . any ideas greatly appreciated

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

anybody else had a problem with paypal being very slow on verifying business account

cq_tech
Community Member
Ring them and tell them that it's simply not good enough and if it's not rectified within 24 hours you will be complaining to the Financial Ombudsmans Service at https://fos.org.au/ and if that doesn't make them pull their collective fingers out, I don't know what will.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

A friend of mine took four months to get his business details verified. That included seven weeks for the state government to verify a business name.

take a look at paypalsucks.comfor some more horror stories.

And be prepared to wait up to 180 days if you rattle the chains the wrong way.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Did you know that the Paypalsucks website is run by the people who own Paymate? Just don't believe everything you read there, that's all.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

@haolove13 wrote:

A friend of mine took four months to get his business details verified. That included seven weeks for the state government to verify a business name.

take a look at paypalsucks.comfor some more horror stories.

And be prepared to wait up to 180 days if you rattle the chains the wrong way.

Why does the state government have to verify a business name...it can be done on line in a few minutes.  Or you can send a verified copy of your certificate of registration of a business name by snail mail for a few $$$$.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

The person had a problem renewing a name they had used for ten years. It needed approval from the Attorney General of the state and it said on the paperwork that it could take up to 28 days. But after 7 weeks it took direct contact to get it approved in 3 hours with threats of media intervention.

In that particular case Ebay asked for 13 items to prove the identity of one name.

Yes 13 documents for oneidentity. More than you need for a home loan.

And many of the regular stories on paypalsucks applied in this case so there is plenty of reason to be very cautious about the methods of paypal.

I and several other people I know have had funds held for up to 180 days for no legal reason other than

" the possibility someone may lodge a claim"

Despite the fact all transactions were completed and had received proof of delivery.

I am glad to be out of the loop here now. I just follow the forums for a laugh.

And I am genuinely concerned about how Ebay / Paypal are screwing sellers.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

And if  you lodge  a claim with  the ombudsman your funds will be held until the case is resolved.

How do I know.?

That is what happened to a friend.

and how long  does it take to get  a case resolved by the Ombudsman?

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@rippamarine2012 wrote:

this is so frustrating to have money in your paypal a/c and cant use it. i keep being told it will be fixed in 24 - 72 hours after its been well over 2 weeks. i call everyday but nothing is happening . any ideas greatly appreciated

When you ring request to a supervisor, if they do not resolve the issue and clarify what exactly is required of you to have the matter resolved, ask that their supervisor ring you back.

IMO escalate it, and keep escalating it.

If you have not been able to provide the documentation that they require and they are not being clear about that, then it may go on longer unless you escalate up the chain their end.

Also .... stay as polite and calm in every interaction, as much as is humanly possible.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply