automatic relist fees

Hi, yesterday I listed 4 items and ticked the auto-relist box as usual.

However, when I ticked the box it now states that I may be charged for relisting and that the relist will use one of my free 40 monthly items. So once my 40 listings are used I will then be charged the $1.65 listing fee? This is the first time this has happened, has it happened to anyone else or is this a mistake? thanks!

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

automatic relist fees

This is what shows up when ticking the auto-relist box

"Automatically relisted items count towards your monthly free listings. Insertion fees apply when you exceed the limit. Advanced listing upgrade fees and final value fees still apply."

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

automatic relist fees

Yes and I'm **bleep** off with ebay.

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

automatic relist fees

That'a right.

The auto relist function is still there but no longer free.

Most promo's on eBay only run for a limited period.

image host
Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

automatic relist fees

If your item doesn't sell, we'll relist it up to 8 times for free.

The above is what it says and said on my listings but it never happened,never relisted.

And all I got was this item didn't automatically relist ,relist now.

So this function obviously is not working.

I've been told that you need to have your 40 free listings available for the free relists to work?

But to me that isn't right as what's the point of stating that you will get free relists up to 8 times?

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

automatic relist fees

Under Customer Service Selling Fees it still states that fees are only charged on the original listing (if applicable) not on the automatic relistings!

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

automatic relist fees

Obviously it shows differently for others.

And I am guessing eBay hasn't changed the blurbs on some of their pages.

Give them a call and explain on yours it states free relists, they may give you some listings.

(But the key words are 'if applicable') I take that as 'if you still qualify'.

Mine shows as - 

Automatically relist this item up to 9 times if it doesn't sell. Fees may apply for each relist.

Automatically relisted items count towards your monthly free listings. Insertion fees apply when you exceed the limit. Advanced listing upgrade fees and final value fees still apply.Learn more
image host
Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

automatic relist fees

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Obviously it shows differently for others.

And I am guessing eBay hasn't changed the blurbs on some of their pages.

Give them a call and explain on yours it states free relists, they may give you some listings.

Mine shows as - 

Automatically relist this item up to 9 times if it doesn't sell. Fees may apply for each relist.

Automatically relisted items count towards your monthly free listings. Insertion fees apply when you exceed the limit. Advanced listing upgrade fees and final value fees still apply.Learn more

Kopes that statement never used to be an issue though as with the free relists you'd end up having over 150 listings without having to pay any listings fees.

But now once you run out of those 40 free listings you get charged a fee.

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

automatic relist fees

I just relisted a PS2 game (Final Fantasy XII) and the message was still the same as my other listings - "Automatically relist this item up to 8 times if it doesn't sell. Fees may apply for each relist."
Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

automatic relist fees

I had the same thing happen as you naomi in the last hour . and the same text as you.  

so instead of a 7 or 10 day auction relisting - I got one x auction and its in my unsold list awaiting manual relist

If I'd known that would happen I would have used GTC.  

seems rather random at the moment!

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply