buyer editing totals

I just sent an inoice with postage by Click & Send for $11.50 as it is a 3kg satchel

the buyer somehow changed it to standard delivery for $9 postage, when my settings dont allow buyers to edit totals

is there a way they can still edit and change the postage?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

buyer editing totals

huaershop
Community Member

Dear,

Hello.We met such kind of problem before.The buyer add the postage as he want,then  pay for it.Accutually,he should pay much more for the postage since we set up .Who could tell us why?

Thanks.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

buyer editing totals

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had a problem with click and send parcel today, the buyer only paid the postage, without the $3 for signature, which was the only option I allow.  I just assume it was eBay that gave the buyer the wrong amount; they paid before I got the chance to send an invoice.

Sounds like some glitch.

huaershop   you need to set your setting such a way that people cannot change the postage amount.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

buyer editing totals

I just sent an inoice with postage by Click & Send for $11.50 as it is a 3kg satchel

the buyer somehow changed it to standard delivery for $9 postage, when my settings dont allow buyers to edit totals

is there a way they can still edit and change the postage?

Did the buyer buy multiple items? If the original listings were for $3 postage per item and the buyer has purchased 3 items then they would expect to only pay $9 postage. If you have changed it to $11.50 due to the increased weight then in checkout they can select to uncombine the invoice and save themselves the $2.50 by paying separately. If that is what's happened then I'd post them separately.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

buyer editing totals

Did the buyer buy multiple items? If the original listings were for $3 postage per item and the buyer has purchased 3 items then they would expect to only pay $9 postage. If you have changed it to $11.50 due to the increased weight then in checkout they can select to uncombine the invoice and save themselves the $2.50 by paying separately. If that is what's happened then I'd post them separately.

I think it was the "GARY ABLETT - IRONBARK LEGENDS " with postage of $11.50.  Do you actually remember the $11.50 showing when you were posting the invoice?

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

buyer editing totals

If it was your last 3 items sold and to the same buyer then the ebay item sold email would say $9 and they may have paid using that before you sent the invoice.

You cannot ask for more than $9 if that is what you quoted unless the buyer asks for a different delivery method and then you need to refund the payment and reinvoice with the new postage and don't click recalculate, if you do it goes back to $9.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

buyer editing totals

I have had a problem with click and send parcel today, the buyer only paid the postage, without the $3 for signature, which was the only option I allow.  I just assume it was eBay that gave the buyer the wrong amount; they paid before I got the chance to send an invoice.

Sounds like some glitch.

huaershop   you need to set your setting such a way that people cannot change the postage amount.

Why do you charge $3 for signature, when it costs $1? I certainly wouldn't pay $3 for the signature option on C&S.Why do you not include it in the item price or handling cost if you don't offer any other option?

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

buyer editing totals

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do you charge $3 for signature, when it costs $1? I certainly wouldn't pay $3 for the signature option on C&S.Why do you not include it in the item price or handling cost if you don't offer any other option?

NO, it does not cost dollar, C&S parcel with signature costs $3.15 on top of the postage, or $1.55 for tracking only.  And I enter it as registered (which it is) and normally it comes up as a total including the $3.15.  I also get insurance, which comes on top of that, but I pay that out of my pocket.

Normally, the total quoted price is pretty spot on, but I just got another parcel that came up wrong, and this time I am out of pocket $5.50!!!   Not happy.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

buyer editing totals

It's $1 for a signature on a C&S satchel, $3 for a signature on a C&S parcel.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

buyer editing totals

I think it is ridiculous - instead of answering this blokes question you other sellers are scribbling over postage costs. This is the problem EBAY.............. our customers are changing their invoices WITHOUT our permission. I have it selected on my preferences that they can't edit the total and this week I've had 5 people put in what ever they like. I'm seriously unhappy with this. What's going on EBAY???????????

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply