buyer has changed his mind

sold an item and the buyer has the old buyers remorse

luckily its not posted yet although i have packed it and done the paperwork (he lives in the UK)

whats the best way to handle this?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I would cancel the sale and refund him, but send a stern but polite message about how he has inconvenienced you , then put him on your blocked list.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

If buyer has paid and you need to refund, don't forget you don't get PayPal's fee back now.

So I would explain you can refund but it will be less fees you have incurred.

image host
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

when i use the cancel sale button it takes me to a page where the refund automatic once i press the button, no way to get any fees back

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

As previously mentioned, you won't get your Paypal fees back, but eBay fees should be returned automatically. (unless this has changed)  When you refund, you can select the amount of the refund, so just deduct the paypal fees there.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I don't think it's cancelled unless you refund the lot, which means if you do a partial refund you won't get the ebay fees back.
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Has the buyer sent a request to cancel the sale?

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

i did a full refund by cancelling the sale usung 'buyer requested cancellation' in the drop down box

cant see anyway to recoupe PP fees

or get anything for my time and effort boxing it up and filling out customs documents

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

i did a full refund by cancelling the sale usung 'buyer requested cancellation' in the drop down box

cant see anyway to recoupe PP fees

or get anything for my time and effort boxing it up and filling out customs documents

There you go.

I consider an item posted once it's packed, but that leaves a seller open to SNAD claims if the buyer really, really doesn't want the item. Cheaper and easier to cancel. And block.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

i said in my OP 'luckily it wasnt posted yet'

seems had i wizzed out and posted it asap the refund was off the table?

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply