buyer says item did not arrive TWICE.. now my paypal is in arrears.

i sold an item at the end of January and after a couple of weeks heard nothing, no feedback received though I hadn't noticed the buyer had failed to leave any (and i don't really care if buyers don't leave feedback and don't hassle them to do so).. And then i got a message that his item had not arrived. I couldn't find the tracking number from his satchel and apologised profusely, then sent another identical item on monday - express post.

Now he is claiming that the tracking number i sent him is not a valid tracking number (it is) and he has opened a dispute with paypal who have put a hold on the money, meaning my account is in arrears.

Australia post say the parcel was delivered on Wednesday but he says nothing arrived.

Am I going to be left out of pocket? 

I have sent two brand new items, paid for the postage and i have nothing to show for it but an account in arrears.

does anyone know what else i can do here?

thanks

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Reply to the paypal dispute with the express tracking number and it should also be seen on the AP tracking site so copy and paste that into the message as well.

AP tracking site link http://auspost.com.au/track/ enter the tracking number into there and it will show.

Always post items over the counter so it is scanned on acceptance and you get the lodgement receipt as proof of postage if needed like this is now.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I guess it is up to PayPal to decide, depending on what documentation you have.

This is by-the-by, but it might be worth starting a Click and Send account, as PayPal will cover you based on the fact that an online label has been purchased, then lodged (the PO gives you a lodgement receipt). As long the label has the address that the buyer gave you as they went through checkout, then you have complied with PayPal's requirements. Correct lodgement, not delivery, is what is required.

Not to divert from the OP's concerns, but I personally welcome any suggestions from experienced members as to how to use an Express satchel and have it comply with PayPal's lodgement requirements??

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Not to divert from the OP's concerns, but I personally welcome any suggestions from experienced members as to how to use an Express satchel and have it comply with PayPal's lodgement requirements??

Get the lodgement receipt and if the tracking number is not on it write it on and get AP to stamp it.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@green-gifts-mkd wrote:

If you can't obtain a stamped lodgement receipt for the standard satchel, signature on delivery is an optional extra for express satchels and should provide the right documentation.

I always use my own packaging for express parcels under 500 grams, as you get a lodgement form for it that way without having to make a special request or paying for SOD.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member

This has happened to me before. Put in the tracking ID only (no need to attach any further documents, but it might be wish if you have these handy). Then all you do is call up PayPal and they will see it has been delivered and will close the dispute in your favour on the spot.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

If I have a missing parcel and am going to send a replacement I post it using click & send with signature required. If you use an express satchel then there is nothing which contains the buer's address and it will only show as delivered as far as the nearest mail distribution centre which is not enough for Paypal.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply