buyer wants to cancel after payment has been made

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys... looking for some advice.

I sold an item to an overseas buyer yesterday and he immediately paid via paypal

I wake up this morning to a message from him asking for me to cancel his order as he made a mistake.

I think he realised that as this is a Region 4 DVD he wouldnt be able to play it on his DVD player.

I was due to send the item today so luckily i havent sent it yet

What is the best way for me to cancel this auction so i am refunded my FVF and any paypal fees?

If i cant, can i refund him minus all fees?

Obviously as this was his mistake i dont want to be out of pocket at all

Thanks 🙂

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi,  to the right of the item in your sales history you should have a drop down box under actions, select open unpaid item case/cancel transaction then you should be able to select to cancel the transaction and the reason is the buyer made an error. they will receive a mutual item cancellation request which they will need to agree to.

It might pay to advise them of this first as I have had some buyers in the past decline it not knowing what they are doing and I am unable to re-send it, I think ebay advises them that they should receive refund first but its not my preference.

You should also check your seller dashboard before and after to check if doing the cancellation will add a defect which it shouldnt but ebay is buggy and have been unclear about what kind of cancellation is counted as a defect.

yes you will get your fvf fee's back but not your listing fee's if any. same with paypal if you use the refund option with the payment.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no "open unpaid item/cancel transaction" option as the buyer has already paid...

all i can see my only option is to just full refund the buyer minus my FVF and $0.30c Paypal fee

Unless theres another way?

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

copy the listing number then go to the accounts tab the click on resolution centre, you can then choose the cancellation with buyer, enter the listing number, select the buyer and send it through.. I know ebay support is rather slow and at most times useless I think had you used their live chat you probably would have received this info hours earlier.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply