buyer wont contact or pickup after paying for auction dispose off when legally?

4posta
Community Member

G'day all,

three attemps have been made to arrange a time. What is the proceedure with a no show? We are only talking ten dollars on a specified local pick up. Any advice that leaves me legally free appreciated.

4posta

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Depends on which state you are in but for most it is 28 days after a notice advising disposal of goods if no arrangement is made by the buyer.

I assume they have paid for the item so the other alternative is to refund the payment, cancel the transaction and relist the item.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I would send them one last message telling the buyer that the item must be picked up by XXXX date and if it is not you will refund the payment and cancel the transaction.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Looking at their bidding history, they were bidding on ebay within the last hour so are possibly

ignoring you. Having said that, they do have only 4 feedback so maybe they are just clueless.

As they won the item on 22nd October, bit ridiculous to not organise pick up by now.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

4posta
Community Member

thanks all. Im in WA. You are all legends. think I will. wait a month. Write last notice of intent. Refund. dispose again.

Take the rest of the day off and celebrate something.

4posta

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply