can items that haven't been relisted be found after 60 days

Just wondering if anyone knows... can items that haven't been relisted after 60 days be found again to use to relist, or do they just disappear into space and we have to write everything again?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The disappear into cyberspace as far as I know. Saved templates become unusable after awhile too, but not sure of the time frame on those. I know after 12 months of not selling, my previous saved templated wouldn't work.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

@kahluandmilk2012 wrote:

do they just disappear into space and we have to write everything again?

Yes. Smiley Tongue

You can save listing (that is, go through the normal process, but click 'save for later') to keep it in unlisted draft form, but without using selling manager the number of drafts you can have at any one time is limited (5, or 10, or thereabouts).

Other alternatives would be to save a copy of the listing (and photos etc) on your computer, eg the description in a word doc, use Turbo Lister, which is a third party software tool where you can create listing templates, as well as individual listings and upload them in bulk (I believe that's having a few issues lately, but I don't use it so I don't know how detrimental they are), or schedule them to go live at a later date, which - despite it sometimes looking like it will cost you 20c or so - is free and the date it goes live can be revised (I'd go for the other options personally, as they won't be subject to oversights as much, eg if you forget to defer the date, or something happens and you can't stop the listing and attend to any resulting sales). 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for replying.. I appreciate your time ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for replying.. I appreciate your time ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Occasional listings hang around for no apparent reason, but most disappear at about 60 days (or 90 days for collectable type categories).

Another work around that occasionally works for me is to search Google for the item, if you still have the title of the listing put it into inverted commas and put your user id into inverted commas. If you get real lucky you may find a cached version of the listing and be able to cut and paste your description, although you won't be able to relist from a cached version.

Kind Regards, Kevin

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply