cancelled transactions and Top Rated Seller requirements

I noticed that i have a few cancelled transactions as bad marks against me in Top Rated Seller requirements.
The problem is that I have cancelled transactions at the request of buyers thinking i was doing the right thing, now i see that it works against me.

How to handel a customer who wants to cancell an order for what ever reason, I dont want to refuse and get bad feedback or force someone into a sale that for whatever reson they dont want.
Thanks

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

When you initiate a cancellation it asks you if  it i s at the buyer's request, if you say yes and the buyer doesn't dispute that no defect should be recorded or if it is it should be removed.

As to how to handle customers who do not want to pay? I would never offer a cancellation, I would always go through the unpaid item process as then if they do not pay they cannot leave any feedback nor rate DSRs. Those of us who have been around for a while have heard every excuse in the book and I would put the number of those who are telling the truth somewhere between zero & zilch. Why can't they just say they got carried away and now cannot pay but will pay any unreimbersed fees and costs, them I may just agree to cancel.

The only other time I would cancel is if a relative of the buyer supplied me with a copy of their death certificateWoman Wink

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I may have to get a harder, Thanks

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Be aware if you just refund through paypal without processing an Ebay cancellation request you may get a defect. i was getting away with this until recently (as I was initiating cancellation due to my fault), but for the last one I got defected. SoI I then officially cancelled to get fvf back as I already had the defect.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I do mutual cancellations, but find most dont reply so it has to end up running its course before you get fvf back

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply