category different on ebay.co.uk from ebay.com

bts6619
Community Member

I have a new listing on ebay.com.au under books,comics,magazines>non fiction which also shows up in ebay.com but with ebay.co.uk the listing doesn't show under the same category as it has another extension books,comics,magazines>non fiction>other non fiction.   I can find the book under the title on ebay.co.uk but its not appearing if I just search my topic.  Do I need to open a separate ebay.co.uk account to get it to show under the correct category heading?  Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@bts6619 wrote:

Do I need to open a separate ebay.co.uk account to get it to show under the correct category heading?  Thanks for any help.

No, unfortunately that won't do anything in terms of placing the item into one of eBay UK's unique categories - the only way you could acheive that is to list the item via eBay UK and select their category (which may affect category placement on eBay US and AU, I'm not 100% sure on how that works), but then the listing would be in pounds rather than AU dollars. 

It's possible you may miss a few UK browsers who search books by category, which is not ideal, but I think it's far more likely that someone will search for specific books by title, so most people who are looking for it should find it. 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Thanks for your comments.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply