copyright infringement by using correct brand name

I had a listing pulled because I used the accurate name of product as my title description. like millions of other products sold daily on ebay.. Why is this done without any reference to me beforehand.. and how come I can find thousands of examples of the same thing.  I just don't get it.  Its a genuine item, I gave and honest and accurate description.  Confused????  What action of recourse do I have.

Cameo

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

not a lot of recourse available. (particularly if it was your make up listings)

unfortunateley MAC is the most widely copied make up label on ebay at present and even if your ''wholesaler'' says its genuine, it may not be,

even the buyers for the TARGET Group got caught out with fake Mac.

MAC are member of the ebay VERO program and do follow up with ebay on a regular basis

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

If it is MAC then I would forget it, unless you are buying your stock from a properly authorised reseller and you have that confirmed by MAC you will not only get your listings pulled you could end up on the wrong end of a very expensive law suite.

There was a seller a couple of years ago who kept on insisting his listings shouldn't be pulled because he had all the correct paperwork etc, trouble is that there are factories in China who churn out so called proof of authenticity certificates, fairly authentic looking packaging and everything else that will fool a lot of poor saps who will buy from what they think is an authorised wholesale outlet. They were absolutely convinced their stock was genuine but it obviously wasn't and they probably got kicked off ebay.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply