cost of good sold

Hi Guys,

Sorry if I haven't seen this before here but why doesn't ebay allow me a field (which would also show up on the exported data) for the cost of the good sold. Or at least, a field for the cost price when I make the listing??

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

cost of good sold

eBay is primarily an advertising medium not a program for storing seller data nor accounting.

It is up to sellers to keep their own records and cost analysis'.

Have you looked in selling manager to see if there is a provision to include notes ?

There is probably something available in an internet 3rd party product for eBay sales/cost analysis.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

cost of good sold

You can set up a database or spreadsheet with this sort of information. Excel is a programme that most people with Windows will have, and you can do a lot with it, particularly once you master formulae.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

cost of good sold

They had a field where you could enter actual postage costs, but I never saw one for actual product cost (ironically I have actual product cost fields elsewhere, but not one for postage Smiley LOL ). You might be able to input that in the custom label field purely to be able to have it in the data when you export it, but that's basically the SKU so if you have those in the field already, then I'm not too sure where else you'd be able to record it.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

cost of good sold

I think you have to use the inventory feature to have the cost show up in that field.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply