do fastway couriers operate in all areas of Australia, and are they reliable?

I am getting a little tired of Australia post always putting their prices up, and never taking care of the parcels they have to deliver.

I am wanting to know if Fastway couriers operate in all areas of Australia. Do they take letters as well as parcels and are they cheaper and more reliable than AP?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

cezm
Community Member

In my experience, as a buyer (I have never used them as a seller), is that they don't deliver everywhere.

They don't even deliver to addresses they state they do deliver to. Fastway have repeatedly told sellers they delivered to our address. Infact, they didn't even attempt delivery but left the parcels at a post office which happened to be a 50km drive for us. Yes, they delivered to our postcode but that wasn't any consolation to us as we then had to try to get to the post office during business hours to collect the parcels.

We were 4kms outside the border of a major regional centre with a different postcode, but they were unable to have parcels delivered by Fastway. We worked, and have a PO Box in that town so were not thrilled at having to head off into the country to collect parcels!

My advice would be to ask buyers if they have a preference before sending anything by Fastway ...

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I don't know about the rest of oz, but they're so slow to WA...more like slowway! Lol

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I have 25 years of experience in the Courier industry and I can answer the questions in your thread title.....no and no.

Any courier will deliver letters but they would have to go in a satchel at a minimum cost...usually round $4+

Fastway in my experience is one of the most unreliable of all the courier companies and as an ebay buyer I would not buy from a seller that says thay they are using them.

And they are slow.....a week or more from Northern Queensland to Sydney compared to AP's 4 days.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I have been using fastway for quite a few years now and have always found then reliable and fast. You just need to mix them with Australia Post as they will are best for delivering to locations where their depots are. Don't use them for other locations and you will do fine.

And hey, I have had a couple of insurance claims with them and all have been settled fast as each package is insured to the value of $1500. So if they don't deliver, they pay.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

And they can make up some good stories why they couldn't deliver.

Um they couldn't deliver a parcel one time because the Street didn't exist.

Funny about that I and many others lived in that Street that didn't exist and it was on every map.

Found out later they didn't like the look of our dog, they didn't try to deliver, they just didn't like the look of him.

Bunch of pussys LOL

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Must be a standard story, they used that one on me and when i contacted the buyer he told me he had lived in that street for 30 odd years.

Had another one where is was (allegedly) a long street, at some point in the street the post code changed and they didn't deliever to that post code, took over aweek to return the package.

Stuff going to W.A sits in S.A until they have enough to go to W.A sometimes over 2 weeks. Allegedly.Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I live in central queensland and fastway couriers are terribly slow. There is no way I would use them for anything.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply