eBay Big SUNDAYS

From a sellers perspective, I'm hoping that they don't run promotions such as today's 15% off everything for everyone every Sunday.

Will this mean that sales will grind to a halt all week and then go off like a frog ion a sock on Sundays?

Does anyone know exactly what they mean by eBay big SUNDAYS (plural - so more than this Sunday)

Swings and roundabouts I know, but I like having sales all week, though the benefits in promotions such as these are that everyone at least pays on the day and all together, so sales aren't coming ion dribs and drabs tieing us to the site every day... but...

And seeing as in this instance at least, even those with products under $50 can still benefit as it is the total spend in the one transaction that is counted - so if someone buys 10 x $5 items, it seems they still qualify, don't they? (clarification on this required though, please) But if this applies to everyone, then won't everyones sales be primarily on a Sunday?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

eBay Big SUNDAYS

The Big Sunday promos have been running since 11th May. This is the first one where all items are eligible to be part of the discount. I guess eBay is trying to boost sales after recent events. On the US site buyers have been getting heaps of coupons.

Message 2 of 50
Latest reply

eBay Big SUNDAYS

well clearly I have been living in a bubble LOL

what other kinds of things have been happening?

Message 3 of 50
Latest reply

eBay Big SUNDAYS

I don't think this offer 15% off items over $50 up to $100 is that great anyway. You can get much bigger discounts in B&M stores for new items at present with none of those restrictions.

This just  came up when I clicked on discussion boards.

Your shopping cart is empty, but it doesn't have to be.
There are lots of great deals and one-of-a-kind items just waiting for you to bid or buy now.
Start shopping, and look for the "Add to cart" button. You can add several items to your cart from different sellers and pay for them all at once.
Start shopping and search for great deals
Go to My eBay and see items that you're watching

Message 4 of 50
Latest reply

eBay Big SUNDAYS

Wish I had known about it sooner - yesterday had thought about doing some listings to coincide with the sale but exposure would probably be delayed due to indexing - so this time round don't think I will go overboard as a buyer or seller.

Message 5 of 50
Latest reply

eBay Big SUNDAYS

15% off items over $50 up to $100  from my post above. That should be 15% discount off items over $50. Maximum discount $100.

If multiple purchases from same seller totaling over $50 are eligible for the discount, eBay should make that clear.

Message 6 of 50
Latest reply

eBay Big SUNDAYS

I have seen the Sunday offers and not been tempted, for that very reason. Anything I might want was cheaper elsewhere.

But with this coupon code, I bought something that had been on my watch list for a long time, as the discount was enough to make it a reasonable price. Saved about 25$. Something that I had not seen in a local store, but was just a bit too expensive to buy at the original price.

So for that seller, it worked for them.

am*3, I bought two items in the one transaction from one seller, but each was over 50$, so that does not quite answer it, either.

but it is OK to buy multiple items and get a discount overall on the transaction. On the single invoice.

for a previous offer, it had said the same thing. Transaction discount, but then applied to only one item. Which was poor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 7 of 50
Latest reply

eBay Big SUNDAYS

well, I have to say, as a seller I have liked today, sales have gone off like a frog in a sock just hoping that doesn't mean next week will be quiet iykwim - I hope today's sales were a bit of a bonus

Message 8 of 50
Latest reply

eBay Big SUNDAYS

For me it's been a fizzer, this is the worse weekend I've had for ages.
Message 9 of 50
Latest reply

eBay Big SUNDAYS

i just bought a 70 inch tv because of the promotion, i have been tossing up if i should or should not for a while lol, so i am happy that it made the deal a bit sweeter good for me and a sale for the seller!! hope we will both be happy thanks Ebay

Message 10 of 50
Latest reply