eBay Managed Payments Email Notifs: MESS

Four sales since I was put on to MPs:

Sale #1: one item, hasn't paid

Sale #2: one item, has paid

Sale #3: 9 items, requested invoice, paid a few hours later

Sale #4: one item, has paid

Basically, the only notification I got that #3 had even happened was because she requested an invoice - I did NOT get the "Your eBay item sold!" emails until she paid.

For the other three, however, I got "Your eBay item sold!" emails immediately ... even though #1 hasn't paid yet. For #3, I got two "Your eBay item sold!" emails 10 minutes apart - the first saying she hadn't paid yet, and a second saying she had. The difference between the two was only apparent when opening the email, because as I said, the subjects were identical.

It's inconsistent and NOT helpful, to be honest. A "payment notification" email of some sort would be extremely helpful. Likewise, it isn't super helpful to only tell me someone has committed to buy multiple items when they pay ... some people commit to buy and don't request an invoice, they just wait for me to send it to them.

Obviously, any issues with this can be solved by the seller simply checking their hub, but I feel like, because the "Your eBay item sold!" emails are essentially back-to-front from the old system, many sellers will be tripped up by this.

It's also confusing that, in the Payments tab, it says "processing" for payments when the buyer has actually paid ... what that means is that the funds are being processed to go into your account, NOT that the payment is processing. The payment by the buyer has been made and the orders are awaiting postage.

MESS.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Also, I am set to daily payouts to my account and it says the next one won't happen 'til Monday.

That makes sense because it's the next business day, but it obviously differs from Paypal or even online banking where you can transfer funds whenever you please, including weekends.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

We're not on managed payments yet (scheduled for Monday), but haven't been receiving "your item sold" emails on any of our accounts, so maybe it's an overall eBay problem rather than a managed payments problem.
Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Do you still get notifications here on site? I've never looked at emails off site in all the years I've been selling. Anything official is usually recorded here on site. I don't know how managed payments has changed, if notifications are effected, but 'all orders' showed sold items. Can't you just check there?

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Sorry, you did mention notifications. Did you mean notifications on site or emails off site? I've just never looked at emails. I agree it would be annoying not seeing sold items immediately or prior to payment

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Same here - the only way I know an item has sold is I receive the Paypal notification via email. And I'm not on MPs
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Me too.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

I get an email in my personal email -  maybe  you need to adjust your notification preferences?

communication preferences > seller > item sold > real time

sold email.JPG

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

No, it's an ebay problem. I'm not getting them and I haven't changed my preferences. 

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Yeah, I didn't get a sold email earlier in the week and thought it was odd. Looks like it's still a problem.
Message 10 of 18
Latest reply