eBay Postage Rates?

Hi community!

I have a few things to sell and looking at the eBay postage rates you can use the BX1 boxes up to 1kg for $7.15, as opposed to doing it directly through Australia Post which is limited to 500g? Firstly, is that correct?

Secondly, some of my items dont fit in a BX1 box shape, can you use another box that is the same cubic size, or is the flat rate available specifically for the exact BX1 box?

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

eBay Postage Rates?

@oddsandendsoz wrote:

Hi community!

I have a few things to sell and looking at the eBay postage rates you can use the BX1 boxes up to 1kg for $7.15, as opposed to doing it directly through Australia Post which is limited to 500g? Firstly, is that correct?

Yes. 🙂 (You can use BX1 boxes via Click & Send to get flat rate postage, but it costs more)

@oddsandendsoz wrote:

Secondly, some of my items dont fit in a BX1 box shape, can you use another box that is the same cubic size, or is the flat rate available specifically for the exact BX1 box?

No, unfortunately one of the conditions is that you're only allowed to use APs boxes for the flat rates, even if the box is exactly the same size. (The special rate is basically a combo, i.e. buy this, get that discounted rate kind of thing). 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

eBay Postage Rates?

If any of your items are below 500g would a box large enough fit in an ebay 500g satchel which you can buy through the AP eby store? 

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

eBay Postage Rates?

@digital*ghost wrote:

@oddsandendsoz wrote:

Hi community!

Yes. 🙂 (You can use BX1 boxes via Click & Send to get flat rate postage, but it costs more)

@oddsandendsoz wrote:

No, unfortunately one of the conditions is that you're only allowed to use APs boxes for the flat rates, even if the box is exactly the same size. (The special rate is basically a combo, i.e. buy this, get that discounted rate kind of thing). 

Thanks very much for that info! Did not know they had to be Aus Post boxes and was going to order some plain white ones, saved that issue!!

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

eBay Postage Rates?

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

If any of your items are below 500g would a box large enough fit in an ebay 500g satchel which you can buy through the AP eby store? 

Hi, yeah the dilemna is really that the problem items are between the 500g and 1kg weight, basically books that don't fit into the BX1 boxes, but would be a smaller size cubic than the BX1 box? Just takes a book from $7.15 to send to $11.50 or something like that, and thats usually more than the book is?

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply