eBay asking for SSN number to list item

I am selling an item in Australia from Australia. However wiener I try to list eBay asks for SOcial security number/ ITIN. How do I provide this when I reside in Australia? 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Is it possible you were actually attempting to list an item on ebay.com rather than ebay.com.au?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

You originally registered in the US so they are requesting what the USA eBay sellers need to provide.

Your address now should over ride so long as you are on .com.au

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

This is the problem, I am in bulksell.eBay.com.au with the item in draft and my address is Australian. However when I go to post eBay asks to confirm my details which I have done with my AU address. However then it keeps reverting back to the .com page and asks for my SSN/ITIN number. 
I thought it should recognize I’m selling from Australia so it shouldn’t require this info. 

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

This is the problem, I am in bulksell.eBay.com.au with the item in draft and my address is Australian. However when I go to post eBay asks to confirm my details which I have done with my AU address. However then it keeps reverting back to the .com page and asks for my SSN/ITIN number. 
I thought it should recognize I’m selling from Australia so it shouldn’t require this info. 
I am in .com.au 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Exactly the same problem with my account.

It's impossible to proceed with the listing. 

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply