eBay charging customers extra postage on my products ??????

I have been watching and checking my sales since this MP started and I am finding that customers are being charged a higher postage rate than what I have listed on my items, when they purchase more that one item, I do not use eBay postage I have special tracking envelopes that I post and add the tracking.  Does anyone else have this problem??  Its bad enough that they are taking a percentage of the postage that is paid, and by them charging the customer more they get a higher fee, any info would be appreciated 🙂

To give an idea 1 item is $3.95 postage, if you order more it is an extra .50c per item, so if you order 2 items your postage should be $4.45, but they are being charged $5.45 so that is $1 more than what I charge, is this a glitch or just greed, gets worse when a customer orders a few products.  I have checked my products and they are correct so not sure what is going on ?????????????? 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

is it express postage?
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

No I use those Green Australia Post Tracking envelopes, have done since they came out as they are very reliable.  Also I do not use eBay postage labels

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

For some reason your express postage and standard postage costs are being combined thus making it $1.50 for each extra item.

It looks like when customers use the cart to purchase your items is when they're getting charged extra.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

You have a combined postage discount in place of $1.50 per additional item.

The 50c per extra item only applies to items from the same listing, in every other instance, your flat rate postage discount will apply.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply