ebay & pay pal relationship coming to an end

13 REPLIES 13

Yay, just what we need - NOT !

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

I am sure separating the two companies now makes perfect sense, since the rise of Paypal as a payment medium has rocketed it is now too big to be an adjunct of any other business. I am sure it will make absolutely no difference to how it works with ebay, it was around and used by ebay as the most popular 3rd party payment method for years before ebay bought it.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Google have a hand in this move.....I feel it in my bones
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Paypal was a stand alone company long before it was bought by ebay and renamed paypal.

And for private accounts they still have the same fee structure that they had years ago....it costs nothing to send private payments to family and friends as long as you use paypal funds or a bank account, not a CC payment.

As for increased fees....they are just going down the path that most other businesses are going....user pays!!  Why would you expect it to be any different.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Things must have changed.  A friend sent me money from her PP a/c just a few days ago, and I was charged a fee for that.  Not C/C, was money in PP.  It wasn't anything to do with eBay, no invoice, just more convenient to send via PP.

Should I contact PP and tell they were in error to charge me?

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

You are a seller so you must have a Premier or Business account to accept payments from your buyers.

Funds transfers are only free between Private accounts.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

That's news to me.  I just thought that I only had my email address registered with PP.  But I think I see the difference - it was only registered with PP because of my association with eBay - correct?

If that is so, maybe I should think about setting up another non eBay associated email address with PP.  Is that the way to go?  Sorry, but I don't get all the ins and outs of who's who at the zoo.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

"Send money as a gift" has always been free for me (as either the sender or recipeient) when I have funds in my (premier) account, so it sounds like something may not be quite right. 

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

@5kazam wrote:

Things must have changed.  A friend sent me money from her PP a/c just a few days ago, and I was charged a fee for that.  Not C/C, was money in PP.  It wasn't anything to do with eBay, no invoice, just more convenient to send via PP.

Should I contact PP and tell they were in error to charge me?

Sounds like it was an error if friend sent as a transfer and not as a payment.  I transfer money between my personal and business paypal accounts and have never been charged yet. 

In my business account it shows funds transfer fees as:

Send / Receive Money

Free when the full amount comes from PayPal balance or bank account.

OR

Free when the full amount comes from PayPal balance or bank account.

OR

2.4% + $0.30 AUD when the money comes from a credit or debit card. The sender decides who pays this fee.when the money comes from a credit or debit card. The sender decides who pays this fee.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply