ebay chat with staff regarding selling now open for next hour

hey guys, 

i see there hasn't been a post made in here, but the chat with ebay staff regarding selling is open for the next hour until 12:30pm AEST over in this thread 

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Chat-with-eBay-staff/Selling-on-eBay-Thursday-21-September-from-11-3...

despite the thread being open though, I have no ability to post in it?

thought i'd give everyone a heads up if they wanted to ask questions or share concerns.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

edited: now able to post in thread

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Too bad I was working and couldn't post on the fake seeds comments. I can't see that anything will be done though.

Latest reply

Just the same cut and paste 'they are working on it' to my question

Sheep's heads 

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Nothing will ever be done to any of these problems,michelleoz says to send her a private message,I have sent her plenty of private messages regarding urgent matters and I haven't received any replies or answers from her yet,it's so disappointing when you can't even get an answer from eBay,I give up Woman Sad

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

my thoughts exactly. 

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

yeh I was looking at tazz and twygyn comments re bin and buyers paying separately.  she said she'd adress privately as seemed to be not a common prob, but it is, I am having that problem too.  I know theres been threads on it and I've rang ebay.  they just say ring them to reimburse you for reimbursement of postal % charges, but its so inconvenient!!!

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Ditto

She tells me she does'nt know what answer will satisfy me

Really?

It is very simple IMHO

It's called the truth 

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Thank you Tazz for posting my message. I got the bull dust reply that I expected. I'm not sure why I bothered. I don't have issues with non payers. Lucky to get one a year. It should be MY choice if I offer immediate payment. It should NOT be forced upon me. Ring up and get your fees refunded. yeah right, what about the fees I lost through PayPal because of eBay's bright ideas. 

Probably a good thing I was at work today, otherwise I'd probably be on holidays from the forum now, because some of those replies made me really angry. REALLY angry.

Buyer edication. Give me a break. My high feedback buyer had no idea what the cart even was! Buyers don't want to be educated when they sign up, what makes them think they will want to be educated now. They'll still buy and pay for everything separately, then villify the seller when they don't refund every last cent. EBay have really lost the plot this time.

EEzi, has Super Michelle even read your PM? It will say at the top if you open it whether she's even bothered to read it.

Good luck Tazz trying to get something done about the fake seeds. They've not wanted to know about fakes before today, I can't see any difference now. They are no going to touch the untouchables. That's why I am going to start listing fake seeds. I might be able to give up my day job!

Spoiler
Then see how quickly my listings get taken down.
Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

I thought it was a shame that some of the questions asked by sellers weren't as specific as they could have been and were just general comments about the site being full of glitches. I couldn't post but I would have been very specific if I'd been around.

The 30c paypal fee on separate purchases wasn't stressed and that's a big problem with requiring immediate payment. It really needs to be spelt out to them how much it's going to cost us. I've spoken to a few people locally and they all say they wouldn't bother buying on ebay if they had to pay for each item immediately.

Comparing ebay to industry standards of immediate payment is irrelevant because there are no fees to pay on postage on other sites and one simply refunds the excess postage, nor is there any way to buy other than using the cart on other sites!

How are they going to educate buyers to use the cart? If they want people to use the cart, why do they stick a BIN button under their nose??? I've been on ebay for about 14 years and I very rarely think to use the cart. Sure, if there was no BIN button I'd use the cart, just as there's no BIN button on any other site.

The postage discount remarks were insulting and shows they've probably never had anything to do with selling or buying on the site. If we charge too much postage the buyers don't buy, if we don't charge enough we're working for nothing, so for some products it has to be spot on, which means having to be able to do an invoice.
Message 10 of 15
Latest reply