ebay done themselves out of sales...?

its all getting dreadfully boring here, when it should be one of the busiest times of year for sellers...

I know some of you might advise me to open a store, but I see many closing theirs down as they are not getting the sales. 

clearly the advantage of most stores is you get unlimited or a lot more listings that the non store.

I;m sticking to my 40 "free" listings on both my ids, and yes that has impacted my sales some, but has forced me to sell via FB groups which I has averaged out to roughly a sale a day with no fees.

sad really having been here since 2005.  of course if Evilbay were to throw me freebies... I remember last christmas it was finishing up xmas eve.. - so when they were likely to get little people paying to list... I would not turn them down.

I think it must all be about those big corporations again.  last time I saw a thread on this I heard the ebay share price was still doing ok but I do wonder...

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

So what was the question?

I have a store. I will continue to use it for the bulk of my listings; this one to list a few others.

I had reasonable sales over the weekend. If I ever got bored, I would probably just stop selling here. Given I haven't, I won't.

Message 2 of 34
Latest reply

I don't think a store will increase traffic. eBay has slowed.

image host
Message 3 of 34
Latest reply

did I put this in questions...apologies... supposed to be a discussion!

Message 4 of 34
Latest reply

It has to be something that changed with how our items are being found on the internet... Dont get how it suddenly dropped off round the time the Sellers Hub was introduced! A lot of us were seeing a pickup before Xmas- then such a huge stop to sales.Was how this latest slow down happened formost of you all?

Message 5 of 34
Latest reply

I think a lot of the recent category changes affected sales.  Some of the changes had no logic to them at all and they show that the people making the decisions have no experience with those types of products.  

They merged one of my categories this time last year and my sales were almost non-existent for a couple of weeks and then slowly picked up again.  The same happened a few months ago when they added more item specifics and made it even harder for the buyers to find things.  

Message 6 of 34
Latest reply

it's extremely slow for me too as all my items except one have finished.  The auto relists didn't work and with no free listings to relist, nothing's happening. No money for ebay and none for me either. Lose lose for all and it should be the best and busiest time of the year.

Message 7 of 34
Latest reply

SALE??? thats a four letter word on EBay these days..one of the WORST sales period experienced..the seller hub??? try..desert outpost...Lights turned off big league..ebay has dropped down to the sale levels of a Gumtree store....the worst year ever for us..look back on past sales and its not 50% but 70% down..this is a rigged system all in favour of the big stores..and flooding of cheap items from..no need to say..woeful Ebay..absolutley..woeful..and like most we have tried really hard to adjust on several fronts..nothing's working..no sales..it's terrible..

Message 8 of 34
Latest reply

dave would have assumed it was a question as did I, given the ? at the end of the title of the thread.

Discussion is good though, many have found eBay a very slow selling arena of late, hopefully it will pick up now given Xmas is only...(I don't want to think about it)

Message 9 of 34
Latest reply

I've had one sale since late September (& that one emailed me today; 7 days after bidding & 3 days after winning the auction to say she won't be paying - Well I think that's what she said!) 12 F/B non buyer

thrt they wr nu dnt wnt. 

How I hate those non bidders who think a qk txt msg in txtspk will fix all! She didn't read the description nor look @ the pics for collectable egg cups.

I don't speak text . A NPB will be filed @ 3pm tomorrow.

Message 10 of 34
Latest reply