ebays used categories

Just noticed ebays used item specifics - Used: An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or store return that has been used. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.- This is misleading to buyers - i sold a gas heater and after the sale buyer wanted to know was it a Floor model or a store refurn & if it is a store return they are usually faulty -  if you click on ebays used definitions it is for - Business, Cameras, Computers, Electronics, Home, Industrial, Musical Instruments, Phones - I sold mine under : Home Appliances heaters - do sellers now have to metion it is is not a floor model but a private sale second hand good? just another notch - they are getting rid of the little seller. -  Check your ebay specifics before listing if it is a second hand Item (used to be called USED.)

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

ebays used categories

I think they're just meant to be examples of what qualifies as used. Your description and condition field should generally clarify well enough where the item came from etc. It's the same in any category, really. If I list a DVD, the condition explanation for "good" will say things like "may have damaged or missing pieces" and so on, then it's up to me to clarify exactly why I chose 'Good' rather than 'Like New'. 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

ebays used categories

My buyer is a 0 feedback - new to ebay - so yesin that section It reads Floor model or a return - That is misleading to buyers - even though i had the codition of the item in description  & photos - it still reads FLOOR MODEL, Buyer is expecting a basically new item - from a store/ shop. misleading on ebays behalf. 

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply